Other Peoples Marks

During the induction week at the university I asked the MA by Registered Project group and attending staff to do a small task for me, They were all given a piece of A4 paper with the simple instruction;
Please make 100 marks within the circle. 

 I find it absolutely fascinating how from such simple parameters such diversity emerges, but its also fascinating how certain symbols and shapes appear, for example a spiral features in a large amount of the drawings, small circles are frequently present, what do these mean? This symbolism is really interesting and is drawing me towards semiotics and sign systems, which has been raised before and I need to look into further. 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all that were involved with this experiment, the drawings were made anonymously and therefore I m unable to thank people individually but I really appreciate you taking the time to do this task for me.
 

These were the results





















Comments

Popular Posts